Keeping track of your content and social media marketing efforts is crucial to understanding what works, what doesn’t, and how to improve.
Content Marketing Tools
- Google Analytics: This is a free and powerful tool from Google that provides in-depth information about your website’s traffic, including sources, pages visited, time spent, and more. You can also set up goals to track conversions.
- SEMRush: SEMRush is a comprehensive SEO tool that can help you track your website’s ranking for various keywords, conduct competitor analysis, and more. It’s also useful for tracking your content’s performance.
- BuzzSumo: BuzzSumo allows you to discover the most shared content across all social networks and run analysis reports. It’s great for understanding what content resonates with your audience.
- Ahrefs: Ahrefs is another SEO tool that can help you track your content’s performance. It provides detailed backlink analysis and keyword tracking, helping you understand how your content is performing in search results.
- Moz: Moz offers a range of SEO tools that can help you track your content’s performance in search results, including keyword rankings and on-page optimization.
Learn how to leverage platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more to boost your brand’s reach. Connect with your audience in a truly meaningful way and transform followers into loyal customers.
Dive into our comprehensive resources on social media marketing. Learn more about Social Media Marketing.
- Create a Content Inventory Spreadsheet: This should include information such as the title of the content, content type, date published, target keyword(s), target audience, and any other relevant details.
- Monitor Performance Metrics: Manually check your website analytics to track metrics such as page views, time spent on page, bounce rate, and conversions. Record these metrics in your spreadsheet.
- Check SEO Metrics: Use Google Search Console or other SEO tools to monitor how your content is performing in search results. Record metrics like keyword rankings, impressions, and clicks.
- Monitor Backlinks: Use a tool like Moz or Ahrefs to monitor any backlinks your content receives. Record these in your spreadsheet.
- Track Social Shares: Check each social media platform where your content has been shared and record the number of shares, likes, comments, and any other engagement metrics.
- Monitor Comments and Engagement on Your Website: Regularly check for and respond to comments on your content. Track the number of comments and the general sentiment of the feedback.
Want to understand your audience better? Master the art of interpreting website metrics. Learn how to analyze user behavior, optimize your site performance, and increase your conversion rates. It’s time to let data drive your business decisions.
Click here to read our articles on Website Metrics and here to read high-rated books on Website Metrics.
Social Media Marketing Tools
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite is a social media management tool that allows you to schedule posts, monitor mentions and keywords, and track the performance of your social content across multiple platforms.
- Buffer: Buffer is another social media management tool. It allows you to schedule posts for various platforms and provides analytics to track engagement and performance.
- Sprout Social: Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, comprehensive reporting, and management tools. It can help you understand how your content is performing on social media and how audiences are engaging with it.
- Brandwatch: Brandwatch is a social listening tool that can track mentions of your brand and keywords across the internet. It helps you understand what people are saying about your brand and your content.
- Socialbakers: This tool provides a suite of analytics, listening, and reporting features that can help you understand your audience, track your social media performance, and improve your strategy.
Social Media Tracking
- Create a Social Media Spreadsheet: Include information such as the platform, date of the post, content type, caption, target audience, and any other relevant details.
- Monitor Engagement Metrics: Manually check each social media platform and record metrics like likes, shares, comments, retweets, etc.
- Track Follower Growth: Regularly record your number of followers on each platform.
- Monitor Click-throughs: If your social posts include links, use link tracking tools to see how many click-throughs each post is generating.
- Check Mentions and Sentiment: Regularly monitor for mentions of your brand on each platform. Note the sentiment of the mentions (positive, negative, neutral) and respond appropriately.
- Monitor Direct Messages: Check and respond to direct messages on each platform. Track the number of messages and the general sentiment.
Remember, manual tracking can be time-consuming and may not offer the same level of detail or accuracy as using automated tools. However, it can provide a deeper understanding of your content performance and help identify patterns or opportunities for improvement.
The best tools will depend on your specific needs and budget. It’s also important to note that tools are there to assist you, but the key to a successful marketing strategy lies in creating high-quality content and engaging authentically with your audience.